Monday, August 27, 2007

All of your powers, none of your weaknesses...An Introduction

Welcome to Forming at the North End, a college football blog managed by a huge college football fan from Texas, who, incidentally, attended a school better known for its international relations curriculum and basketball program than its Division 1-AA Patriot League football program.

I am what is termed in the popular vernacular as a "daywalker," that means that I did not attend the school whose team I primarily root for in college football. To clarify, this does not (and indeed never did) mean I root against my beloved Hoyas in basketball. In fact, if Texas A&M were ever to face off against Georgetown in a venue like the NCAA Tournament -- which indeed almost happened had the Aggies advanced to the Final Four this past season, I would root for my alma mater. It is highly unlikely that the two teams would ever face off on the gridiron.

Being a Daywalker sounds a bit tawdry. However, I am not alone (although not as menacing as a "We are Legion" kind of numerous), and actually some of the sport's best commentators are daywalkers. For example, the author of one of the finest books on the mania that pervades the sport is a daywalker.

With the introductions complete, here is the format of Forming at the North End. First, I will talk about A&M's upcoming opponent. Then, in addition, I will blog about Georgetown's upcoming opponent.

This week's first Aggie game will be a showdown against Div.1-AA Montana State, who in last year's opener, tagged Big 12 resident Colorado with a 19-10 defeat but then later fell to a Division II squad.

This week's Hoyas opener is an away tilt at Stony Brook. A real treat for Hoya fans and alums are a trio of games against Ivy League programs -- a 15 Sept. home game against Yale, a 29 Sept. home game against Cornell and a 6 oct. game against Penn in Philadelphia.

I look forward to sharing my insights with you, and indeed, having your feedback.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: